Learn If You Are Eligible For Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability (SSD) can cover a variety of needs due to a disability. At any age or condition, these benefits may be vital. Unfortunately, many people hesitate to file a claim because they are unsure if they meet the requirements.
Based in Milwaukee and serving across southeast Wisconsin, Angermeier & Rogers, LLP, has extensive experience with Social Security and disability benefits.
Who Qualifies For SSD?
You may qualify for SSD benefits if:
- You are unable to do the work you did before the disability.
- You have worked and paid into Social Security, and you have earned the proper amount of work credits.
- The Social Security Administration has determined that you cannot adjust to other forms of work because of your condition.
- Your disability has lasted at least one consecutive year, or it is expected to result in at least one year of debilitation or death.
If you have a child with a disability, they are eligible for benefits of their own once they turn 18 if the following conditions apply:
- The impairment causing disability was present before age 22.
- Your child meets the disability definitions for adults.
- One parent is disabled, deceased, or retired.
Although SSD benefits are not available for partial disability, they are available – and often necessary – for people with total disability claims. We understand that your circumstances might make daily life hard enough on its own, which is why we will do everything in our power to ease the stress of your SSD application.
Call Our Experienced Team For Assistance
Our award-winning attorneys are ready to meet with you to discuss your options. Email us or call 414-363-4335 for in-depth counsel regarding your potential disability benefits claim. Robert C. Angermeier has over four decades of SSD application experience, and he can meet with you to review your case.